The Biophysicist is a professional, who studies the behavior of the biophysical environment and how various physical principles are applied to biology. They spend most of their time researching and discovering how organisms function. Usually, Biophysicists specialize in one activity like bioenergetics or electrophysiology.
The work elements of a Biophysicist refers to researching and developing studies on human genetics, requesting grants from institutions that offer research funds, performing experiments with various scientific equipments, investigating the molecular basis of diseases and how proteins work for drug design.
Start your Biophysicist resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your excellent research skills, your strong background in biological sciences or your outstanding computer programming skills.
Your Biophysicist resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Mention duties like worked with computational or surface scientists to modify working models, directed and coordinated students in laboratories. Your last section has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application in the field. Don't forget that you have to mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Biophysicists bring important discoveries in biological, medical or other related field. When you write your resume beyond the affiliations, you can also mention your achievements in the field.
Name: Andrew Johnson
Address: 27 Monroe Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 28.01.1978
The Biophysicist is a professional who studies the behavior of the biophysical environment and how various physical principles are applied to biology
To obtain the challenging position as Biophysicist in a growth-oriented firm, that will allow me to utilize my experience, skills and knowledge in this field.
An exceptional scientist with excellent communication, time management and analytical skills and with extensive knowledge in biology, mathematics, physics with an ability to use computer analysis tools and applications.
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and management skills
- Extensive knowledge in Physics, Biology, Mathematics and Medicine
- Proficiency in extracting and synthesizing information
- Ability to find innovative solutions to problems
- Strong knowledge of the fundamental principles and techniques used in physics
Biophysicist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborated with surface scientists in order to modify working models
- Coordinated students and assistants in the laboratory
- Developed various publications on experimental results and assisted experts in the field
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinated a group of scientists to extend expert biochemistry support to the discovery of various drugs
- Offered scientific expertise in many biophysics experiments or projects
- Managed many researches to discover inputs on biophysics that will offer patients or other scientists various benefits
Master's Degree in Physics, Chicago State University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Physics, Chicago State University, Chicago, IL
Achievements and affiliations
Published 10 studies in the Biophysics field
Member of the International Institute of Biophysics
Areas of interest
References available upon request