The chemist is a scientist, who works with chemical substances, elements and structures. The duties of a chemist usually refer to creating and combining elements or substances in order to produce new or active products.
These skilled professionals have to improve existing products, to perform various types of laboratory tests, to analyze the results of the tests of various types of products and to collaborate with chemical engineers and other scientists. Chemists have to research new chemical techniques and procedures; to investigate the composition of substances or of elements. Usually, chemists have to research the compositions of elements and substances, and then develop new products that have a higher quality in the market.
The first elements you have to add when writing a resume are the personal information, the qualifications summary and then the objective statement. You have to add your full name, address, email address and your phone number. In the qualifications summary, you have to add the qualifications and skills you possess for a Chemist position. The following section in your resume has to be your education. Mention schools, colleges or universities you attended to. List any type of training you think is relevant for a chemist position. Usually, chemists are required to have a degree in Chemistry.
The following section of the resume is the work experience. In work experience section, you have to add your job experience in chronological order, from the most recent to your least position. Mention what duties and responsibilities you had in every position and how you helped your department progress. You can mention duties like performed daily laboratory stability checks and maintained laboratory records.
Chemists are highly skilled individuals who are keen in details, who need to posses excellent analytical and leadership skills. They have to be able to work well in a team but also individually.
Name: Stanford Smith
Address: 295 Pike Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 24.05.1979
From my experience, I can state that chemists are scientists who work with chemical substances, elements and structures.
Looking for a rewarding and challenging position as a chemist in a reputed firm, where I can utilize my excellent research skills and my deep knowledge in the field of chemistry
Enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated chemist with knowledge regarding the composition and the properties of chemical substances; ability to make real-time decisions in the field
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented, theoretical, analytical and interpretation skills
- Good leadership and supervisory skills
- Proficiency in using Windows applications and programs
Chemist, Midwest Research Institute, Houston, TX, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Provided scientific support to various project teams and specific departments
- Coordinated the organization of sampling and analytical chemistry for various types of projects
- Managed delivery orders to the analytical laboratory, loaded and screened data
- Collaborated with samplers to resolve data problems
Duties and responsibilities
- Performed daily laboratory stability checks, attributed testing and maintained laboratory records
- Designed compliant test samples to determine the specifications
- Submitted various types of products for microbial testing
- Responsible for the laboratory supplies and for the inventory levels in every department
Master's Degree in Energy Engineering, DeVry University: Houston, Houston, TX
. Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, DeVry University: Houston, Houston, TX
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Association of Clinical Chemistry since 2007
Areas of interest
References available upon request