Medical Scientist Resume
The job of medical scientists is to study life processes, in order to understand medical information, such as diseases. They are also responsible for researching human conditions to improve human health. Most medical scientists conduct biomedical development and research to advance understanding and information about living organisms affecting human health, such as bacteria, viruses and other infectious agents.
Research conducted in the past by medical scientists has resulted in advances in treatment, diagnosis and prevention of several diseases. With the help of medical research, new drugs, vaccines and treatment procedures are being continuously discovered. Medical scientists engage in clinical investigation, laboratory research, technical writing, regulatory review, drug development and related activities.
Medical scientists are required to have at least a Ph.D. in biological science. Professionals who think about performing clinical work, should also earn medical degrees. Senior researchers will often pursue postdoctoral work, in order to advance in this profession.
If you wondered how the ideal resume of a medical scientist looks like, here is an example.
Medical Scientist Sample Resume
Name: Jonathan Brighton
Birth Date: 3 January 1976
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking a challenging position as a medical scientist with a reputable corporation, in order to conduct medical tests in a laboratory and to discover innovative information about treating, diagnosing and preventing diseases.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry from the New York University in 1998
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the New York University in 2003
- Vast knowledge of drug/device clinical research, good clinical practices, regulatory requirements, human diseases and pathophysiology
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and establish track records of clinical or basic research
- In-depth ability to process medical and scientific data, to think analytically and to multitask
- Remarkable knowledge of statistical methods and the ability to interpret and summarize raw data
- Excellent ability to understand complex medical information, make independent decisions and to take the initiative to lead assignments and projects
- Exceptional ability to motivate and coordinate
- Flexible and able to manage changing deadlines, simultaneous priorities and limited resources
2003-Present date: Junior medical scientist and medical scientist for S & F Inc., New York
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performing specified clinical procedures and tests, like taking bodily fluid samples and blood drawing, in conformity with study procedures and establishing clinical standards and methods
- Diagnosing abnormalities after preparing body fluids for microscopic examination
- Reviewing and editing data to ensure accuracy and completeness of information
- Following up with subjects to clarify the collected data or to resolve problems
- Verifying and coding data, according to specified coding procedures and research protocol, and entering data into a spreadsheet application or a computer database for subsequent analysis
- Guiding, leading and reviewing the work of students who perform routine field research activities
- Communicating with clinical sites for obtaining required information in an efficient manner
- Utilizing the safety database to maintain and generate the safety event reports
- Independently writing narratives, before submitting them to the safety office for CEC adjudication and regulatory reporting
- Good working capacity
- Discovering various solutions to developing healing medicinal vaccines
Available upon request.