Social Group Worker Resume
Working as a social worker assistant means counseling a group of people that have a social problem, such as: abused children or women, people with mental health conditions, drug and alcohol abusers, children with learning disabilities, school non-attendees or any other group that cannot adapt to the social environment.
A social group worker will provide therapy for all these categories of people and will work with them in order to help them recognize patterns in their behaviors, to develop coping skills, to improve their self esteem and to help them accept and deal with their problems.
The social group worker is sometimes a member of a team made up of police officers, teachers, medical workers, church representatives etc. who have to collaborate in helping and supporting the patients during therapy.
A social group worker is a person with great interpersonal skills, with great sense of responsibility and who has to train properly in order to deal with social problems.
When creating a resume for applying for a social group worker job, you must know that employees are looking for specifics related to the job they hire for. A social group worker resume should focus on the applicant's experience and training. Keep in mind all your trainings, achievements, and goals and include these details in your resume, helping yourself by the example below.
Sample Social Group Worker Resume
Name: Patricia Angela Smith
Address: 35th Down Bld., San Francisco
Date of birth: 12.08.1976
Social group workers are well trained specialists, like me, who will put all their efforts in dealing with present social problems.
My main purpose is to become a social group worker for your foundation and to prove that every person needs a second change to a normal life.
Focused on providing optimal services, deeply committed to improving life quality of all clients, I am confident my job will have the finest results.
A highly enthusiastic and very talented Social Group Worker with 6 years experience of working with groups who are socially excluded; maintaining professional relationships with service users, leader and member of interdisciplinary teams, capable of guiding them in finding and accepting their problem.
Qualities, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great ability to work independently and also as part of a team and to handle pressure
- The ability of keeping confidence
- Extensive knowledge about sexually abused children and school non-attendees
- Strong motivation, organizational skills, goal-oriented, persistent
- Compassionate and practical counselor
- Case Planning and Management
Clinical Social Worker, Stony Point, San Francisco, 2004-2010
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treating children who were sexually abused and neglected
- Providing therapy sessions for school non-attendees
- Presenting prevention support services for the population
- Program contribution
- Demonstrated outstanding case management and dedication to children
- Achieved a high percent enrollment in college
- Master of Social Work (MSW), 2000-2002
- BA in Psychology, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, 1996-2000
- Established effective group therapies
- Developed new support programs
- Children with social problems
Social Worker Assistant
Clinical Social Worker