Public Relations Specialist Resume
The public relations specialist is responsible for coordinating and supervising various communications functions. Public relations specialists are mainly responsible for planning and implementing a public relations program. Their duties can include writing, media relations, photography and other communications techniques used to achieve public relations goals.
Public relations specialists have to plan, prepare and implement public relations activities, to write news stories for release to newspapers and periodicals and to plan, prepare and implement special events for a company. Among the duties mentioned above, a public relations specialist also has to conduct various studies and to write pertinent reports, to prepare and handle press conferences or various media programs specific to the department or unit and to design promotional materials related to publications. Public relations specialists are also responsible for supervising public relations employees.
Your public relations specialist resume should start with your contact details like full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your public relations specialist resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a public relations specialist like skills in coordinating special events and in writing and editing materials for publication.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. The job experiences should be mentioned chronologically. Mention the duties and responsibilities you have carried out while working in that organization. List the educational qualifications along with the name of the course and the name of the institutions. Mention the year of the course attended.
Public relations specialists are required to possess strong oral communication skills used to establish and maintain effective relations with clients and employees.
Public Relations Specialist Resume Sample
Name: Samantha Jones
Address: 464 Whitehall Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 21.05.1979
Seeking a position as a Public Relations Specialist in a well established company where I can use my skills for the development and growth of the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent in oral and verbal communication with good managerial and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of public relations rules and practices
- Capable of creating and maintaining an active network of media contacts
- Proficiency in using various computer programs: Word, Excel, Power Point
Public Relations Specialist, The Humane Society of the U.S, Washington, DC, 2006-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepared organizational publications for audiences, including stockholders reports
- Responded to queries for information from the media
- Established and maintained cooperative working relationships with representatives of employees and management
- Planned and directed the development of various informational programs in order to maintain a favorable perception of the organization
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborated with the production personnel in order to produce and coordinate the production of advertisements
- Arranged public appearances, contests or exhibits in order to promote the company
- Studied the objectives and needs of the organization
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations Management, San Jose State University
Achievements and Affiliations
Member of the Public Relations Society of America
Areas of Interest
References can be provided on request.