School Library Media Specialist Resume
School library media specialists compile three different professional roles. They are first of all teachers in charge, assisting students in information literacy. They attend classes on a flexible schedule and instruct students in using library materials, conducting school related research or selecting bibliography for their schoolwork. In the role of instructional assistant, school library media specialists collaborate with other teachers in helping students become independent learners and exercise their skills in information literacy, communication and technology.
Another of their responsibilities is that of managing information programs for the school. They have to create research bases and provide the necessary material for students to be used in various classes. They design library policies and manage library media programs, implement information technology systems and help users with handling media based resources.
School Library Media Specialist Sample Resume
Name: Jenny Smith
Birth date: 01.06.1973
Address: 12 Bellwether Way, Bellingham, WA 87365
Marital Status: Married, 1 child
Driver's license: Yes
With a Masters degree in Library Information Science and several training programs in my professional portfolio, I am a very strong candidate for the position of School Library Media Specialist. My years of experience in helping schools develop comprehensive and effective information programs and library media programs have helped me become very efficient and competent in my field of activity.
To use my abilities and knowledge in the field of library media and information in creating professional programs for schools and students and contributing to the development of the educational system.
Professional school library media specialist, with field qualifications and motivated to work in a high profile educational institution.
- Knowledgeable in teaching methods and techniques
- Knowledgeable in the information literacy field and in the library science field
- Multilateral culture
- Ability to work with children and students
- Ability to work with technical equipment in library activities
- Ability to develop library media programs appropriate to the school's profile
- Critical thinking, interpersonal and communicational skills
School Library Media Specialist, 1995-2010
- Designing a comprehensive program for the library media center in accordance with school curricula and teachers' syllabi
- Preparing information literacy lectures for students and assisting them in the research process
- Implementing modern library technology and providing instruction for users
- Establishing library rules and procedures
Master's Degree in Library Science and Technology, North Bellingham University
Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, North Bellingham University
In the position of school library media specialist, I have helped the educational system develop in the field of information literacy with consistent results.
Areas of interest:
Available upon request