Mailroom Supervisor Resume
Mailroom Supervisors are responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities within the mailroom. They are mainly responsible for overlooking sorting and distributing of mail, overlooking the other workers, and for performing clerical duties such as record keeping.
The working activities of a mailroom supervisor include overseeing the daily operations of the mailroom, such as sorting mail, preparing outgoing mail or distributing mail. Other duties of mailroom supervisors refer to recording the mail received and distributed on a daily basis, recording the costs for the mailroom supplies, interviewing and hiring mailroom staff or recording the working hours of the mailroom employees. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, a mailroom supervisor has to calculate the postage for mail and to communicate in an efficient manner with vendors regarding deliveries, ordering supplies, or scheduling mail shipments.
Mailroom supervisors are required to possess a strong knowledge of the policies and regulations within a mailroom. These workers have to be able to plan the working activities within the mailroom and to have exceptional leadership and supervisory skills.
Resume of a mailroom supervisor must be short, simple and to-the-point. Nowadays, you will find zillions of resume samples on the net. However, you need to read the right one. Use some common sense to figure out that most sites will provide you with cliched resume ideas. You must figure out such samples of resume and avoid them. It is recommended if you take a basic idea from the sites and construct your own resume. However, here we have a simple and proper resume sample for you. You can refer to this and change it according to your own qualities and credentials.
After you draft the resume, proofread it many times before finalizing for errors of any sort. In addition, it might be beneficial if you make someone else proofread it as well.
Name: Dan Hartley
Address: 357 Hopkins Street, IL 799 8789
Seeking to obtain a Mailroom Supervisor position in a well-organized work place, where I can perform my duties by using my extensive work experience and strong supervisory skills.
Dynamic and energetic Mailroom Supervisor with eight years of experience in coordinating and supervising the activities within a mail room.
Skills and qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills used to collaborate in an efficient manner with employees and clients
- Immense knowledge of the activities within a mail room
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer software: Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and having working knowledge of computer
- Excellent ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure
- Outstanding supervisory and leadership abilities
- Strong customer-service skills
Mailroom Supervisor, the GEO Group, Baldwin, MI, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities:
- Recorded the costs for mailroom materials
- Interviewed, hired, trained and coordinated the mailroom staff
- Planned and prepared work schedules for the mailroom employees
- Coordinated and supervised the daily operations of the mail room Mailroom Supervisor, Beacon Hill Staffing, New York, NY, 2002 - 2006
Duties and responsibilities:
- Sorted and organized incoming mail
- Kept records of the information within business mails
- Responsible for answering and for transferring calls to various departments within the company
- Coordinated the mailroom team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, New York University
Achievements and affiliations:
- Dean's Lister, New York University
Areas of interest:
- Business Administration
Simon Stone, GEO Group, Baldwin, 637 463 5784
Other personal details:
Birth date: 01.06.1973
Marital Status: Married, 1 child
Driver's license: Yes