Chemistry Teacher Resume
A chemistry teacher is responsible for educating students on the different aspects of chemistry. The specific themes they teach depend on where they are employed (university, high school or middle school) and on the grade level of the students. Usually, candidates must meet similar requirements depending on the state they live in, in order to become chemistry teachers, but there are different ways to become certified.
Certified chemistry teachers have the duty to teach a classroom of students according to the provided curriculum (curricula can be provided by the state board of education, by the school district or a university).They must administer assignments and tests, grade papers and teach in such a way that all students understand the complex concepts explained to them.
Chemistry teachers are required to have a bachelor's degree either in chemistry or in other fields of science. In order to teach, they must also obtain special educational certifications.
So, if you thought about applying for the position of a chemistry teacher, here's how your resume should look like.
46 Monroe Street
Name: Lucas Lambert Birth Date: 7 July 1978 Nationality: American Driver's License: No
Seeking the position of a chemistry teacher in order to apply my vast knowledge of teaching methods and chemistry principles and to develop a long-lasting relationship with the students, based on mutual respect.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelors' degree in chemistry from the University of Illinois, Chicago in 2000
- Master's degree in chemistry from University of Illinois, Chicago in 2002
- Successful seven-year experience in the position of a chemistry and physics teacher
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of instruction practice and theory
- Strong ability to maintain high academic standards
- Remarkable ability to collaborate with colleagues and the administration
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and leadership qualities
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent instructional and motivational skills
- Strong interest in learning new chemistry concepts
- In depth understanding of the common conventions, basic concepts and major sub-disciplines in chemistry
2007-Present date: Chemistry teacher at Sundance High School, Chicago, IL
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implementing instructional activities, so that the students could have a meaningful learning experience
- Providing a positive environment, in order to motivate students
- Encouraging the students to engage in the learning process in an active way
- Communicating effectively, both in writing and orally, with parents and students
- Collaborating with colleagues for enhancing the instructional environment
- Building a good professional rapport with colleagues
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provided extra information to the student about the studied topics and encouraged them to carry out extracurricular activities
- Used various teaching aids to provide a clear understanding of the topics
- Regularly revised the fundamental concepts in chemistry
- Organizing and designing regular assessment tests for students and providing them with advice in the areas they have problems understanding
- Guided and monitored students in the experimental laboratory work
- Good working capacity
- Established good relationships with both students and parents
- Educational psychology
Available upon request.