Geography Teacher Resume
A Geography Teacher is responsible for teaching courses in geography. The job tasks of a Geography Teacher involve evaluating and grading the students' class work and papers; compiling or managing examinations; initiating or coordinating classroom discussions or handling the student grades and attendance records.
Among the duties mentioned above, a Geography Teacher is responsible for planning and preparing course materials; being up to date on the developments and the news in their field by reading literature and participating in conferences. Geography Teachers also have to supervise the students' teaching and research work; plan, prepare and revise the course contents, teaching materials or various methods of instruction. These skilled workers also have to maintain and organize scheduled office hours where they can advise students and to supervise and coordinate the students' laboratory and field work.
Your Geography Teacher Resume can start with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Geography Teacher Resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a Geography Teacher: great interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task or attention to details.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronologically from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position or how you helped students learn geography. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. Here you can also mention additional workshops or courses that are relevant for a Geography Teacher.
Geography Teachers are required to possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills used to establish and maintain strong relations with students. Other requirements refer to multi-tasking skills and a strong knowledge of the geography curriculum.
Name: Susan Truman
Address: 570 Chapel Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 18.02.1978
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Geography Teacher in a growth-oriented firm that will allow me to utilize my strong communication skills and my exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
Dynamic and responsible Geography Teacher with seven years of experience in teaching courses in geography; who possesses a strong knowledge of the geography curriculum and of various educational programs; exceptional familiarity with the theoretical geography study tools
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills used to establish and maintain strong relations with students
- Exceptional knowledge of geography curriculum and of geography study tools
- Proficiency in using various computer programs and applications: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and present geography lessons based on strict objectives
Geography Teacher, Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX, 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned and prepared curricula and course materials
- Responsible for preparing course materials like homework assignments
- Evaluated the student's class work and papers
- Compiled and organized bibliographies of geography materials
- Maintained student attendance records and other needed and required records
Geography Teacher, School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 2003-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Organized office schedules in order to assist and help students with problems and issues
- Participated in various campus events
- Prepared and presented materials on cultural and environmental geography
- Provided students with advice on academic curricula and on career problems
Master's Degree in Geography, Philadelphia University
Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Philadelphia University
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, Philadelphia University
Member of the Geography Teacher's Association since 2007
References available upon request