High School Principal Resume
High school principals are the chief executive officers of a school and their responsibility is to manage the entire activity of the institution, including the custodians, building engineers, food service and security employees. Their responsibilities include providing instructional leadership, managing academic programs according to the general mission of the high school and ensuring that the support and instructional staff receive quality professional development.
Managing a high school usually means working under the supervision of a superintendent and his assistants, regularly establishing committees for all the departments and organizing schedules for the students. A high school principal must also supervise student behavior, oversee the performance of the staff and ensure that all academic programs are properly implemented.
Other tasks of a principle include developing school budgets, preparing students for graduation by directing their curriculum, overseeing and implementing academic programs for guidance on course selection and ensuring that all students abide by the code of conduct and the school guidelines.
Anyone who wishes to become a high school principal must earn a doctoral degree or at least a master's degree in school administration or a field related to this one. In some states, principals are required to be licensed in education administration, but, if you are an experienced teacher with knowledge of operating budgets and managing staff, you might also be qualified for this position.
If you are curious about how the resume of a high school principle looks, here is a sample:
Name: Sinbad Thomason
Birth Date: 19 March 1970
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the position of a high school principal that allows me to prove my knowledge and experience as an educator and administrator of an educational institution.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's degree in history from the University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois in 1991
- Master's degree in school administration from the University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois in 1993
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Excellent time management, resource management and discipline management skills
- Attended various conferences, meetings and athletic events
- Ability to train, supervise, recruit and evaluate staff members
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Vast experience with development, curriculum, personnel evaluation and schedule building Professional Experience
2000-Present date: Principal of Tunderee High School, Chicago, Illinois
Duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing teachers, students, support staff and daily operations
- Speaking at teacher-parents events
- Ensuring that all federal and state laws are met
- Organizing regular staff meetings
- Originating and coordinating the "Career day" program
- Initiating and coordinating innovative instructional programs
- Supervising academic programs and making sure they are properly enforced
1994-2000: Principal of Singleton Elementary School, Chicago, Illinois
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining extracurricular and curricular programs
- Managing students, staff and all activities of the school
- Monitoring attendance of students and teachers
- Launching compulsory computer programs for students
- Reviewing notes and text books of students and giving improvement suggestions to teachers
- Maintaining safe environment in school
- Rewarding students who haven't missed any classes
Participated in the development of a drop-out prevention program which turned out to be a success
Areas of interest
- Educational psychology
Available upon request.