High School Resume
Being a High School Teacher requires a lot of time, hard work and effort and it also involves a great deal of responsibility. High School teachers must be able to shape young lives, meet their needs and expectations and help them discover their career path. Regardless of the discipline they are teaching, High School teachers must be disciplined, responsible and able to pass their knowledge onto others and provide children with stability and a safe teaching environment.
Working as a teacher is one of the most inspiring and fulfilling jobs because it gives you the satisfaction of shaping and motivating young minds, as you counsel and stimulate children. Apart from sharing what they know, High School Teachers must be able to inspire children, motivate and determine them to understand and like their discipline. In order to be a good teacher you have to be passionate and dedicated and you must like working with children as well.
Those who want to become High school teachers are required a strong educational background and previous working experience. When creating your High School Teacher resume make, sure you emphasize on your former experience in working with children and your achievements as well. Also, it is very important to highlight your qualifications. Apart from the relevant studies in your area of expertise, certain training sessions on teaching education or psychology are very important aspects. References can also make a difference so do not forget to mention them. Click here to find a chronologically written teacher resume sample.
Name: Helena Shepard
Address: Wisteria Lane Street, New York
Birth date: 05.22.1980
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 2005
Looking for a position as a High School Teacher within a private or public school where I can use my knowledge and professional competences to educate and stimulate children.
Patient, responsible and excellent communicator, with great experience in working with children and willing to support and counsel them, I am looking forward to face new challenges and make children understand the importance of education.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Efficient in time management;
- Emphatic personality;
- Driven and self motivated;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Computer proficiency;
- Willing to assist and support students;
- Dynamic and enthusiastic.
Teacher, Benjamin Franklin High School, 2008-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching Computer science to 10th and 11th grades;
- Preparing and developing class curriculum and present the materials to students;
- Organizing and maintaining a proper teaching environment;
- Teaching students to understand and use computers;
- Designing and developing computer instructional material;
- Monitoring, evaluating and grading students;
- Maintaining students file records;
Teacher, Stanton College, 2005-2008
Duties and responsibilities
- Initiate and moderate classroom discussions and debates;
- Conduct research activities;
- Participate at school's events and trades;
- Coordinate group training sessions;
- Assign engaging homework;
- Oversee the study hall.
Master's Degree in Elementary Teaching, Harvard University
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Harvard University
Pedagogic High School, New Hampshire
Achievements and affiliations
Established and maintain good relationships with parents
Designed an engaging teaching technique
Member of the National Education Association
Areas of interest
Jamie Franklin, member of the National Education Association
Oliver Mandela, Head Master at Benjamin Franklin High School