History Teacher Resume
Being a teacher can turn out to be one of the most exciting and fulfilling experiences for those who like working with students of all ages and also enjoy teaching them how to understand and love a certain discipline. Apart from passing the knowledge onto others, teachers must also be able to inspire, motivate and provide students a safe and secure learning environment.
History Teachers have a major part in introducing the subject of the human past to pupils. History is a wonderful discipline for those who understand it and like it, but unfortunately it can seem rather boring to children. That is why history teachers must be able to stimulate students and attract them into engaging in discussions. Additional responsibilities include providing necessary support and meeting the student's instructional needs, establishing, developing and implementing history curriculum and course materials and counseling students regarding academic performances and career choosing as well. This is a very pleasant and rewarding activity.
Your History Teacher Resume should contain pertinent contact information about yourself, such as full name, address, telephone and fax number and e-mail address. Whether or not you want to include personal information such as marital status and date of birth are optional. However, the most important part of your resume should refer to your educational background and previous working experience. A teacher has a great responsibility in teaching and influencing students, therefore education and personal competencies are very important aspects when creating a resume.
Name: Emily Thompson
Address: 25 Wisteria Lane Street
Birth date: 14.05.1968
Marital Status: Married
Driver's license: B category, 2000
Looking for a position as a History Teacher within a public or private school where I can use my knowledge and professional training as well as personal competencies to teach students about the importance of history.
Enthusiastic and dynamic History Teacher with outstanding communicational and interpersonal competences and extensive knowledge and experience in teaching and motivating students.
Skills and qualifications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and imagination;
- Patience and ability to work with disabled students as well;
- Willingness to assist and support students;
- Organizational skills and time management;
- Responsible and attentive;
- Computer literate;
- Foreign languages: German - advanced, Spanish - medium.
History Teacher, Winfred High School, Los Angeles 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Sustained history lectures to 9th and 11th grades;
- Created course materials and teaching plans;
- Organized trips to the National Museum;
- Maintained a safe environment for students;
- Assisted and provided the school administration in preparing history classes;
- Evaluated students performance and grade them;
- Counseled and advised children
History teacher, Maratha Educational Institute, 1998- 2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Established, developed and implemented history curriculum and course materials;
- Performed research activities in order to discover new teaching techniques and methods;
- Provided high quality teaching methods;
- Conducted study halls.
Master's Degree in Children Psychology, Texas University
Bachelor's Degree in History, California State University
Psycho-pedagogical Module, Level I
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Teacher's Affiliation since 2004
Winner of the Teacher of the year award in 2000
Areas of Interest
References available upon request