Library Science Teacher Resume
Being a library science teacher implies having the teaching abilities and knowledge required in the said field. A library science teacher needs to have addition extensive knowledge in his or her domain, and the resume should clearly communicate their qualifications. They prepare course materials, handouts, homework assignments and conduct lectures on topics ranging from collection development, indexing, abstracting and archival methods. When drafting a library science teacher resume one should bear in mind the job profile and its responsibilities to chalk an effective resume.
Library science teacher's work in educational institutions is to prepare and deliver courses to students interested in the field. In order to create a comprehensive teaching program, library science teachers need to prepare syllabi, lectures, class and home assignments, practical courses and evaluating courses. A library science teacher should be well versed in classroom management, the ability to use educational methods and strategies and help the students with active learning techniques. Monitoring and evaluating the student's performance is important in preparing high quality professionals and the proper teaching techniques need to be well handled, as well as course content and materials.
In order to develop their career, library science teachers need to conduct research in their field and be a part of the professional community. As a part of an educational team, the library science teachers may participate in more administrative activities.
Library Science Teacher Resume Sample
Name: Jane Doe
Birth date: 01.06.1973
Address and Contact Details: 12 Bellwether Way, Bellingham, WA 87365
Tel: (567) 292-4321
Marital Status: Married, 1 child
Driver's license: Yes
I wish to use my knowledge and competencies in creating competent and professional curricula and syllabi in the field of library sciences and support students in gaining the proper set of skills in order to be able to work in this domain.
I am a library science teacher with more than 5 years of experience. I am looking forward to play my part in your teaching community and be an integral part of your firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Critical thinking, reading and listening skills
- Knowledge in the field of educational methods and strategies
- Knowledge in the field of library science and in multiple other domains, such as psychology Social sciences, literature, communications and media
- Research competencies and professional writing activity
- Ability to advise students in professional and academic matters
- Interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Database management
- Library computer applications
Library Science Teacher, 1995-2010
North Bellingham University
- Preparing and delivering courses on library sciences matters, such as library collection Development, cataloguing techniques, archival methods, indexing and so on
- Monitoring and evaluating the student's performance
- Supporting students in the learning process
- Addressing their requests and inquires
- Participating in the administrative operations of the school
Education and Training:
Master's Degree in Library Technology, North Bellingham University
Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, North Bellingham University
Areas of interest:
References would be available upon request
While drafting a library science teacher resume, one should bear in mind that you stress on the overall development of students. Library science teachers should talk to students if their development or grades are dipping down to know where the problem is. They need to initiate and moderate classroom discussions. Apart from this, they need to be keep themselves updated with the changing trends by participating in conferences and fruitful discussions with peers and colleagues. Reading the subject and researching on it would also help them go into details to make sure that they clarify all the doubts of students.