Music Teacher Resume
Music Teachers are in charge of teaching music to children of all ages. Therefore, it is compulsory that those who opt for a job like this have a great capacity of inspiring and motivating their students to understand and get to like all forms of music.
Apart from exceptional artistic skills and competencies, Music teachers must also be able to share their knowledge as well as their passion for music with all of their students. Their responsibilities include providing general and basic principles and information about music and they should also teach students how to play certain instruments.
When creating a Music teacher resume, the most important aspects that need to be taken into consideration are previous experience in working with children as well as personal and professional competencies. Apart from theoretical knowledge in the area of interest, music teachers must convince future employers that they are talented, good performers and able to pass their knowledge and love for music onto others.
Of course, other information such as educational background, personal and professional achievements and areas of interest are also important aspects that must be included in a resume. Do not forget to write your contact details as well.
Name: Kate Kelly
Address: W. Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles
Birth date: 05.12.1975
Marital Status: Divorced
Driver's License: B category, 2000
Looking for a position as a Music Teacher within a public or private school where I can use my knowledge and professional as well as personal competences to teach students about the essence of music.
Enthusiastic, creative and self motivated Music teacher, with excellent communication and interpersonal competences, I am looking forward to face new challenges and discover new ways to inspire and improve student's performance through music.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Teaching competences;
- Creativity and imagination;
- Responsible and attentive;
- Able to sing and play several instruments;
- Able to work with children of all ages
Music Teacher at Middle School, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities:
- developed and implemented lesson plans;
- provided children necessary supplies and materials during class;
- provided stimulating lessons;
- organized and maintained a proper teaching environment;
- monitored, evaluated and graded children;
- participated at school events;
- organized several festivities.
Music Teacher, Wisteria High School, 2000-2005
Duties and responsibilities:
- initiated and moderated class discussions and debates;
- coordinated group training sessions;
- organized trips to the Philharmonic;
- instructed students on how to use certain instruments;
- ensured compliance with the course of study adopted by the Board of Education;
- introduced students to the history of music.
Master's Degree in Music Education, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven
Bachelor's Degree in Music History, NYU
Achievements and affiliations
First prize for piano performances
Member of the American Orff-Schulwerk Association
Areas of interest
References available upon request