Sociology Teacher Resume
It delves into important issues, like for example cultural differences, race and gender. It is vital to the contemporary global society to understand these issues and how they affect people's lives. The main duty of a sociology teacher is to equip a young mind with this kind of knowledge.
A sociology teacher has to grade and evaluate the papers, assignments and the class work of students, administer, compile and assign homework, prepare course materials and maintain required records, such as attendance or grades, just like any other normal teacher.
Other responsibilities are preparing and delivering lectures to graduate or undergraduate students on subjects like ethnic relations, race, data collection, measurement and workplace social relations, initiating, facilitating and moderating classroom discussions, advising students on vocational and academic content, on course materials and planning, evaluating and revising course content and curricula.
A sociology teacher must also participate in professional conferences, stay up to date with developments in their field, publish findings in books, professional journals or electronic media, conduct research in their field, serve on administrative or academic committees and even provide professional consulting services, especially when teaching in an academic environment.
Those interested in sociology and in a teaching career, can look at the following resume sample for inspiration.
Name: William Goldberg
Birth Date: 2 May 1982
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the position of a sociology teacher.
Education and Professional Training
- Master's degree in sociology from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2006
- Bachelor's degree in sociology from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004
- Successful experience in teaching sociology
- Excellent knowledge of related technology and instructional methodology
- Remarkable knowledge of classroom management
- Strong ability to work with a highly diverse faculty in a collegial manner
- Ability to teach in a college setting
- Excellent mentoring and teaching skills
- Sound verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
2006-Present date: Sociology teacher for Seinfeld Community College, San Diego, California
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing innovative sociology tools for an improved teaching environment
- Using online courses to enhance learning process
- Providing opportunities for in-class questions and discussions
- Instructing distance learning, traditional and hybrid courses
- Managing to serve on college committees and serving as a faculty advisor
- Participating in the development programs for the curriculum
- Motivating students to be active participants in any related educational process
- Advising the students in matters related to attendance, academics and behaviors
Duties and responsibilities:
- Teaching cultural and social concepts to students
- Instructing students about social systems, structures and issues
- Teaching students about family and marriage
- Maintaining and enhancing the learning environment
- Promoting and supporting student's achievements
- I have published about 20 articles about several projects I started together with my students
Available upon request.