Teacher for the Visually Impaired Resume Template
If you are qualified and you intend to apply for the position of a teacher for the visually impaired, then you are interested in a short description of this job and a resume example.
First, you have to know that all applicants for this job must possess special qualification for working with the visually impaired (Teacher Consultant of the Visually Impaired, Orientation and Mobility Specialist or Rehabilitation Teacher) and besides this, they must have experience too. Also, a condition for this job is to know how to read and write using Braille system.
It is the teacher's responsibility to change the curriculum, to set learning objectives, to implement them effectively and to prepare instructional materials.
The teacher has to evaluate the students' results, to provide them feedback and to work improving the results. The teacher has to collaborate with parents and with specialists in order to help students learn how to use the resources of the community, how to create a positive self-image, how to be independent and how to contribute to the society.
If you love children and have the patience and strength to work with children with disabilities, then you may want to apply for this job. In order to make a good resume, you have to follow some steps to point out all the qualities which are related to this job.
Name: Sonya Adams
Birth Date: 26.08.1980
Driver's License: Yes
A Visually Impaired Teacher is a specialized teacher whose purpose is to teach persons with visual disabilities. They use certain teaching methods. A Visually Impaired Teacher works with parents, teachers and other specialists in the community.
To obtain a teaching position as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired in your school and using my creativity, experience, skills and my desire to educate, contributing to the development of students with disabilities.
Experienced, perseverant, patient and creative, with developed testing skills, I am eager to be a part of your team and to make a difference in your students' lives.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Braille script
- Knowledge of children's psychology
- Ability of dealing with different types of behavior
- Dynamic, empathetic and creative
- Teaching experience with students with visual impairments
- Conflict resolution and planning skills
Teacher for the visually impaired, Public Some Town School, 2001-2009
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and conducting lessons for Visually Impaired Students
- Interpreting eye medical reports
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom
- Evaluating students with a possible visual impairment
- Observing and assessing students performance
- Observing students' behavior
- Providing Braille materials for students
M.A in Education for the Visually Impaired, 2003
B.A in Education for the Visually Impaired, Dartmouth University, 2001
- Obtained great results in working with students
- Improved knowledge of Braille reading and writing
- Achieved great experience in collaborating with parents
- Accomplished all administrative tasks well
- Improved the ability of providing a dynamic educational program for visually impaired students.
Public Some Town School