Cardiovascular Technician Resume
Cardiovascular technicians are the professionals, who work mainly in hospitals, and help physicians find and treat injuries or illnesses involving blood vessels or the heart. There are three cardiovascular fields in which they can specialize: echocardiography, vascular technology and invasive cardiology.
Cardiovascular technicians have the responsibility of reviewing the files of the patients, of explaining procedures to them, of monitoring the pulse rate during these procedures and of evaluating test results. They also have the duty to operate and maintain the testing equipment, and they might even have to schedule appointments and perform other clerical duties.
In order to become a cardiovascular technician, one must complete an associate degree program of two or four years that includes instruction and training in either non-invasive, invasive cardiovascular technology or non-invasive vascular technology.
Highly recommended in this field of work, although not mandatory in every state, is a voluntary certification for technicians, besides the on-the-job training they have to undergo. Cardiovascular technicians are regarded as highly trained professionals, who play an important role in the medical community. If you want to pursue this career and you are wondering how a resume for this position should look like, here is a sample.
Cardiovascular Technician Sample Resume
Name: Adam Spelling
Birth Date: 2 January 1983
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the position of a cardiovascular technician within a well-established and successful organization that will give me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge and contribute to the objectives and goals of the company.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's degree in cardiovascular technology from Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 2004
- Philadelphia certified cardiovascular technician in 2005
- Deep understanding of basic cardiovascular structure
- Excellent skills in using the EKG for performing cardiac stress test and Halter monitor application
- Motivated to work efficiently and effectively in stressful conditions
- Remarkable interpersonal skills with the medical personnel, patients and their families
- Strong ability to produce complicated echocardiography recordings
- Exceptional ability to operate radiographic and physiologic equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Strong organizational and communication skills
2008-Present date: Cardiovascular technician for St. Mary Private Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participating in and coordinating digitized analysis information from ECG's tapes that were pre-recorded and collaborating with Holter analysts for more complex cases
- Assisting in the implementation of new techniques and procedures for improving existing diagnostic standards and methods
- Applying and removing Holter monitors to out-patients as well as in-patients
- Discerning unusual as well as usual cardiac morphologies and arrhythmias
- Performing cardiac strain test with or without the help of pharmaceutical appliances
- Cleaning equipment and performing preventative maintenance
- Setting up the patient room and maintaining stock area for consultations with electrodes, linens or cassette tapes.
2004-2008: Cardiovascular technician for St. Hope Emergency Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively interacting with physicians, medical personnel and patients, in order to provide confidential and considerate patient care
- Explaining procedures to patient and family
- Documenting health-reports for every patient
- Managing and maintaining a clean environment
Enhancing my technical skills and providing mentoring to new personnel
Areas of interest
Available upon request.