Career Guidance Technician Resume
Begin your Career Guidance Technician Resume by mentioning your contact details such as your full name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Resume should contain your professional objective, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications recommend you. Mention several personal skills as well as some competences you have gained in your experience as a Career Guidance Technician.
It is also very important to mention previous experience in counseling students and professional achievements. The last section should focus on your formal education and areas of interests. Apart from working experience and theoretical knowledge, Career Guidance Technicians must have an empathic personality, must be able to establish inter-personal relationships and must also be willing to act in the students' best interest.
Career Guidance Technician Resume Sample
Name: Wendy Ford
Address: Columbus Avenue
Birth date: 14.12.1972
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: No
From my point of view, Career Guidance Technicians are responsible for providing students support in choosing their career path, by providing them with relevant information concerning employment conditions and requirements.
Looking for a position as a Career Guidance Technician within a university where I can use my extensive knowledge and previous experience in working with students in order to help them plan their employment futures.
Confident, dynamic and experienced Career Guidance Technician with good interpersonal skills, able to face any challenge, I am eager to use my knowledge and competences for the students' best interest.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good organizational abilities;
- Good planning skills;
- Computer proficiency;
- Efficient in time management;
- People oriented;
- Able to provide guidance;
- Responsible and reliable;
- Adaptability and quick learner;
- Ability to work with deadlines;
- Ability to work under stress.
Career Guidance Technician, Stanford University, 2000-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze the students' academic performances and establish vocational plans;
- Establish and maintain collaborating relationships with the students, parents and university staff;
- Offer moral support to students;
- Schedule meetings with school counselors;
- Inform students and parents about career choices;
- Gather important information on job openings, conditions and requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Career Guidance Technician in maintaining file records for each student, identifying career opportunities, performing aptitude tests;
- Provide relevant information to career school counselors.
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Stanford University
Pedagogic High School
Career Orientation Training Sessions
Achievements and affiliations
- Established and maintain good relationships with the parents
- Designed a successful program for collecting employment information
- Member of the American School Counselor Association
Education and Career Counseling
References available upon request