Dental Technician Resume
Dental technicians are responsible for designing and developing various devices for teeth like crowns, bridges or dentures. These skilled workers have to provide dental procedures to patients according to the instructions given by the dentist.
A dental technician has to create dental crowns, bridges and dentures; to create molds of patients' teeth and jaws and to build prosthetics for dentists. A dental technician needs to be able to handle various dental procedures and to create dental appliances under the guidance of the dentist. This skilled worker needs to design the dental appliances so that the appliance can improve the patient's appearance, without affecting his ability to speak or chew. Among the duties mentioned above, a dental technician is also responsible for adding crowns to restore root canal of patients and for adding orthodontic treatment to help straighten the teeth of patients.
You can start your dental technician resume with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your resume can contain a strong and ambitious objective statement that has to describe your interest in applying for the job position offered by the company and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills, which you have gained in your experience as a dental technician: great interpersonal skills and strong attention to details.
In the following section, you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you attracted new clients or how you provided quality service to them. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended to and the location of the school. Here you can also mention additional workshops or courses that are relevant for a dental technician position. Dental Technicians are required to possess exceptional interpersonal skills used to establish effective relations with patients.
Dental Technician Sample Resume
Name: Jane Anderson
Address: 268 Peachtree Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 18.07.1976
From my experience, I can state that dental technicians are responsible for designing and developing various devices for teeth like crowns, bridges or dentures.
Seeking to obtain a rewarding position as a dental technician in a well-reputed company, where I can utilize my strong interpersonal skills
Hard-working dental technician with over eight years experience in manufacturing dental appliances for patients; who possesses exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Skills and qualifications
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with patients
- Strong knowledge in Windows programs and applications
- Deep knowledge of the techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases
- Able to work under stress and good people management skills
Dental Technician, Patterson Dental Supply, Inc., New York, NY, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Read prescriptions and examined teeth in order to determine the design of dental appliances
- Fabricated and repaired dental devices like dentures, crowns and other appliances
- Tested dental appliances for accuracy by using micrometers
- Melted metals and poured the materials into molds in order to form dental prostheses or apparatus
Dental Technician, TerraHealth Inc., San Antonio, TX, 2002-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared metal surfaces in order to create artificial teeth with small hand tools
- Removed excess metal and polished the surfaces of appliances with polishing machines
- Used acrylic resins to fill the low spots in the surfaces of devices
- Prepared impression trays in order to be used by the dentist
- Designed a model of the patient's mouth by pouring plaster into a dental impression
- Shaped wax teeth with small hand instruments
Bachelor's Degree in Dental Technology, New York University
Achievements and associations
Member of the Dental Technologists Association
Areas of interest
References available upon request