Dredge Operator Resume
Resume writing has become a very common act these days. Thousands and lakhs of people write resumes daily. In today's world there are innumerable job opportunities and career options available to people. There are jobs for all categories of people; for a 10 grade or a post-grad. Resumes are written keeping in mind the respective field of the candidate and the various skills and qualifications that you possess. Though the format of different resumes could be the same but the content that it will embody will vary according to the nature of the qualification of the candidate. For example, the resume of a candidate who is a High School Diploma holder will be very different from the resume of a candidate who is a master's degree holder. Similarly the resume of a candidate who belongs to the science field would be very different from the resume of the candidate who belongs to an arts field. This page offers you a sample dredge operator resume to help you in drafting an effective and winning resume.
The dredge operators work on water and have as main duty to operate power-driven dredge machines in order to clean the bottom of channels, rivers or lakes to make them navigable. They have to possess knowledge of the equipment use on the job, of physics, oceanography, and they need to have technical and mechanical skills in order to manage the machines. All this knowledge and abilities have to be properly emphasized in the resume.
This job involves a lot of traveling and you will have to live on board of the ship most of the time so it is best to consider before applying for this job. The weather conditions are unpredictable so you have to forecast the changes and to be able to take the measures necessary in order to maintain the safety of the watercraft and of the passengers.
If you are interested in becoming a dredge operator, look at the following resume.
Sample Dredge Operator Resume
Name: Sam Maine
Address: 2, Downhill Valley, Poster Street, Washington
Date: December 27, 2011
Highly skilled and trained Dredge Operator looking for immediate employment, with extensive meteorology and oceanography knowledge. It is my objective to dispose of the obtrusive material found at the bottom of waterways and to secure a safe navigable path.
Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge regarding the machinery used in this field
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team
- Knowledge regarding the use, repair and maintenance of the equipment
Dredge Operator, 2005–2009, Department of Public Works, Minneapolis, MN
- Directing and assisting those workers who are handling the shore anchors and the cables
- Lowering the anchor poles to check the depths of the excavations with the help of winches
- Moving the levers in order to position the dredges for the excavation
- Pumping water in order to clear the pipelines of the machinery
- Starting and stopping the engines in order to operate the equipment
Dredge Operator Apprentice, 2000–2005, Department of Public Works, Minneapolis, MN
- Operating the hydraulic suction and also the mechanical dredges and other heavy equipment to remove different material from the channels, rivers and lakes
- Constructing and excavating dikes
- Offering assistance in placing the pipelines
- Offering help with the maintenance of the equipment
- High School Diploma, City High School, Washington , USA, 1995
- BS in Ocean Engineering, The University of Rhode Island, 1999
Improving the performance of the company
Areas of Interest
- Construction and heavy equipment
- Social service
Department of Public Works, Minneapolis, MN
E-mail address: email@example.com
Other personal details
- Birth Date: 18 December 1980
- Nationality: American
- Marital status: Married
- Driver's License: Yes