Mail Machine Operator Resume
Mail machine operators have the duty to sort and collect incoming and outgoing mail, to seal and open envelopes using special machines or by hand, to weight mail packages and determine postage. They also have the duty to maintain the mail machinery clean, clear jams in operating computers and in sorting equipment. This job also requires occasional heavy-lifting, wrapping packages, and sometimes operators are required to keep records as well. The job responsibilities usually depend on the employer, and some mail machine operator may have the duty to keep inventory of supplies, while others may be responsible for meeting production goals and checking the quality control.
A mail machine operator must have at least a high school diploma and work experience. Usually, employers offer training on-the-job for the qualified applicants. Mail machine operators must have knowledge of mail machinery, the ability to repair basic problems of such machines, and the ability to stand for long periods of time. They should have a good physical condition and should possess an aptitude for troubleshooting machines.
Also, candidates for this job must have computer and reading skills, knowledge of basic math, good communication skills, both oral and written, good organizational skills and the ability to preserve good work relationships with other employees.
These are all skills and abilities that will look great on your resume. If you possess any of the mentioned competencies, do not hesitate to include them in your CV. Take a look at the sample resume to see how a powerful resume should be written.
Mail Machine Operator Resume Sample
Name: Julian Madison
Address: 122 Gardeners Street, New York, USA, 99999
Home: (555) 345 6789
Cell: (555) 546 1498
Seeking a position as Mail Machine Operator
Summary of Qualifications
- Over six years of experience in processing outgoing and incoming mail
- Knowledge of mail machinery
- Able to perform basic repair to mail machinery and troubleshoot
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of basic math
- Good physical condition and the ability to do heavy lifting
- Good organizational skills
Simpson Data Services Inc., New York, USA
Mail Machine Operator, 2002 - Present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inserted material for addressing or printing
- Started and operated machines to correct, add or change address plates
- Removed labeled articles, postmarked tape and envelopes from machine
- Adjusted machine rollers, guides and selected the type and the size
- Checked the ink level and added ink when needed
- Inspected machine operation to determine any malfunction
- Reviewed the production order to determine size and types of items ready of mailing or printing
High School Diploma, 2000
New York High School, New York, USA