Medical Transcriptionist Resume
Medical Transcriptionists are responsible for listening to the dictated notes of medical professionals and transcribing the notes for health care purposes. When transcribing the notes of medical professionals, a medical transcriptionist has to take into account the patient's medical history and the diagnostic test reports. After doing this, the medical transcriptionist can create a permanent medical record for a patient.
Among the duties mentioned above, a medical transcriptionist also has to handle various types of documents such as consultative medical or diagnostic reports. A medical transcriptionist is also responsible for translating the dictated recordings from the doctors and other medical professionals and for performing various clerical duties. These skilled workers have to make sure that documenting of the medical terminology and the treatment processes are performed in an accurate manner.
Start your medical transcriptionist resume with a strong and ambitious objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for, what expectations and goals you have in your future professional career. In the next section, you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your solid knowledge in the medical field and your excellent computer skills. The medical transcriptionist resume needs to have a section, where you can add your professional work experience.
This section should run from the last job you held to the job you currently have. Give more information about your last position and less information the further back you go. Also, present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Mention duties like listened and transcribed the notes dictated by medical professionals for health care purposes. The last section of your resume has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training. Applicants have to mention their Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Medical Transcription. Mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Medical Transcriptions are required to possess strong organizational skills. They also need to have exceptional writing skills needed to transcribe the notes dictated by medical professionals.
Medical Transcriptionist Sample Resume
Name: Steve Grave
Address: 872 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 21.04.1978
Introduction,p> From my experience, I can state that medical transcriptionists are responsible for listening to the dictated notes of medical professionals and transcribing the notes for health care purposes.
Seeking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a medical transcriptionist in a growth-oriented company, where I can utilize my strong organizational skills and my solid educational background
Energetic medical transcriptionist with six years experience in transcribing notes of medical professionals; who possesses exceptional organizational and writing skills; with the ability to understand various dialects and dictation styles
Skills and qualifications
- Great organizational skills
- Exceptional writing skills used to transcribe various medical notes
- Time-management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Skills and expertise in transcribing medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in using Windows programs and applications
Medical Transcriptionist, Abrazo Health Care, Phoenix, AZ, 2008- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Listened to dictated recordings of healthcare professionals and transcribed them into medical reports and other administrative materials
- Searched for mistakes or inconsistencies in medical reports and corrected the information
- Entered materials into a personal computer or a word processor
- Edited materials for grammar and clarity
- Translated the medical jargon and abbreviations in expanded forms
Medical Transcriptionist, O'Connor Hospital, San Jose, CA, 2005-2008
Duties and responsibilities
- Translated the dictated recordings from doctors and other medical professionals
- Researched for the medical terminology of various documents and verified that it is done in an accurate manner
- Responded to inquiries for release of medical information and verified that the released documents comply with the required laws
- Maintained logs of medical procedures and transcription records
- Documented different processes of the physician's documents and kept them in an organized form
- Performed various clerical duties
Bachelor's Degree in Medical Transcription, San Jose State University
Achievements and associations
Dean's Lister, San Jose State University
Areas of interest
References available upon request