Meter Mechanic Resume
The working activities of a Meter Mechanic include adjusting meters and repeating tests until meter registration has specified limits, inspecting and repairing gas meters and disassembling meters and replacing broken parts like gears or disks. Among the tasks mentioned above, Meter Mechanics are responsible for testing water, oil or gas meters in order to detect leaks, for lubricating moving meter parts or taking records of the materials used and of the meters needed to be repaired. These skilled professionals also have to cap meter housing, to spray paint on the meter case, to clean rust from meter housing and to analyze test results in order to determine the cause of registration errors.
The best thing you can do is to start your Meter Mechanic Resume with a dynamic objective statement that has to provide information on the position you are looking for, on your future career expectations and has to present your desire and interest in applying for the position offered by the company. The next section of your Meter Mechanic has to emphasize on the skills and qualifications you have. In this section you can list your exceptional interpersonal skills and your strong mechanical abilities. Your Meter Mechanic Resume also needs to have a section where you can offer details on your professional work experience.
This section has to be listed in chronological order and you have to start from the most current position you have until the last one you held. Offer as many details as you can on every position you held. In this section you can also add the duties and responsibilities you had in every position and to provide information on the companies you worked for and on the period of employment. In the last section of your Meter Mechanic Resume you can provide details on your education or training that has to be listed starting with the last Degree you have. Meter Mechanics are usually required to add their High School Diploma and their Certification as a Meter Mechanic.
Meter Mechanics are required to have an exceptional knowledge of the tools, materials and methods used in the field.
Meter Mechanic Resume Sample
Name: Kirk Drake
Address: 747 Pike Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 03.12.1976
From my experience I can state that Meter Mechanics are responsible for testing or repairing water, oil or gas meters.
Seeking to obtain a challenging position as a Meter Mechanic in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong mechanical skills and my extensive experience and expertise in the field
Dynamic and enthusiastic Meter Mechanic with eight years of experience in testing and repairing water, oil or gas meters; with extensive knowledge of the tools, materials and methods used in the field and with strong mechanical abilities
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional knowledge of the tools, materials and methods used in the field
- Strong mechanical abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with employees
- Excellent ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer programs
- Capable of working both in a team and individually
Meter Mechanic, NBTY, New York, NY, 2008- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for testing or repairing water, oil or gas meters
- Took care of the maintenance of water, oil and gas meters
- Adjusted or repaired meters and repeated tests until meter registration had the specified limits
- Inspected and repaired gas meters
Duties and responsibilities
- Disassembled meters and replaced broken parts like gears or disks
- Responsible for testing water, oil or gas meters in order to detect leaks
- Took records of the materials used and of the meters needed to be repaired
- Analyzed test results in order to determine the cause of various errors
High School Diploma, Regis High School, New York, NY
Certified Meter Mechanic since 2003
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Association of Mechanics since 2007
Areas of interest
References available upon request