museum technician Resume
The working activities of a Museum Technician include researching information on newly acquired or borrowed artifacts of a museum, examining the museum artifacts with the use of x-rays and microscopes and helping with the organization of the museum items. Other responsibilities of a Museum Technician involve helping in the repairing and restoring of a wide variety of museum items, installing the artifacts or setting up exhibits.
Apart from the tasks mentioned above, these professionals have to clean or dust exhibits, to plan and prepare documents like correspondence and brochures and to answer the guest's questions on various museum items. A Museum Technician is also responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating education programs for writing journal articles and for researching various areas of specialty.
Your Museum Technician Resume has to start with the contact details where you have to add your full name, address and telephone number. Then you have to continue with an introduction and a strong objective statement where you have to describe your desire to apply for the Museum Technician job and the skills you have to obtain it. In the next section, add a bullet pointed list of your most important skills. Here you can list your effective customer service orientation or your outstanding communication skills.
The following section of your Resume has to present your work experience that has to be listed, starting with your most current position. In this section, you also have to add details on the company you worked for, the period of employment, the duties you had and the achievements.
In the following section of your Resume you can add your education. Museum Technicians are required to have a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology or other related field. In this section, you also have to offer the employer information on the name of the degrees you have; the name of the universities you attended and the location of the schools. Your last section has to be devoted to your achievements or affiliations. Mention clubs you are member of or what achievements you have.
Museum Technicians are required to have solid knowledge of various museum practices and methods. They also need to be knowledgeable of archaeological materials and methods.
Museum Technician Resume Sample
Name: Andrew Robinson
Address: 563 Chapel Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 13.11.1976
Museum Technicians are responsible for helping curators with the maintenance of the museum items.
Seeking a challenging and rewarding position as a Museum Technician in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong organizational skills and my ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with other employees.
Hard-working and responsible Museum Technician with eight years experience in helping curators with the maintenance of museum items; with solid knowledge of various museum practices or methods and of archaeological materials and methods.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills used to communicate in an efficient manner with curators and guests
- Strong knowledge of various museum practices or methods
- Exceptional knowledge of various archaeological materials and methods
- Expertise of museum exhibitions methods and practices
- Knowledge of the methods used for planning and organizing museum exhibits
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer programs: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate a working team
Museum Technician, The Museum of Art, Cleveland, OH, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Helped curators with the maintenance of the museum items
- Prepared and preserved the display artifacts and exhibits of the museum
- Researched information on newly acquired or borrowed artifacts of a museum
- Examined the museum artifacts with the use of various tools
Museum Technician, Rubin Museum of Art New, York, NY, 2003-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Helped with the organization of the museum items
- Provided help in the repairing and restoring of a wide variety of museum items
- Installed the museum artifacts or set up exhibits
- Cleaned and dusted exhibits
- Planned and prepared various types of museum documents
Master's Degree in Anthropology, New York University
Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Anthropological Association since 2008
Areas of interest
References available upon request