Musical Instrument Tuner Resume
In order to do this job, you will have to know how to use diverse tools and of course techniques in order to make the musical instruments work. Remember that you should know or at least understand how the musical instrument works in order to repair it. Most musical instrument repairers and tuners work at music shops but this is not a general condition, they can also work for companies. Also, you may work by going to the customers' houses. You may go to repair a piano for example.
Moreover, you could start your own business. It is not hard, you will just have to gain a positive reputation and attract customers. You may even specialize on just some types of musical instruments. In this way you will prevent competition and your business will be just fine. Don't forget that you should be able to repair the items in an efficient and quick way so that the clients will come again.
If you thought of embracing this kind of job you should know how to write your personal CV. Here is an example of CV for this kind of activity.
Musical Instrument Tuner Resume Sample
Name: Jackson Gold
Birth date: 18.12.1980
Marital Status: Single
Driver's License: Yes
A Musical Instrument Tuner has to understand the way in which different musical instruments work and to restore these to functionality in case they have suffered any damage. S/he has to be able to diagnose the problem quickly and to make the necessary repairs.
I want to become a musical instrument tuner at your company and to help clients by fixing their instruments promptly. I want to provide excellent services and create a good reputation for your company so as to determine clients to choose our services when needed.
As far as I am concerned, I have the knowledge and the skills required for this work place. Throughout my experience in the field, I helped over 200 people by repairing their instruments.
Qualities and Skills
- Positive, hardworking and friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work long hours without supervision
- Musical Knowledge
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible and can adapt easily to new places, situations and new people
Musical Instrument Repairer at It's All About Music Company,
Las Vegas, 2001-2008
Duties and responsibilities
- Dealt with the customers' complaints and tried to solve them in the best way possible
- Provided information regarding musical instruments and about the problems they had
- Worked mostly with string instruments and wind instruments
- Explained to the clients how they should maintain their instruments
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, University of California
Certificate in Mechanics of Instruments
- Solving customer complaints in the best way possible
- Understanding how musical instruments work
- Music and theatre
- Customer Service
It's All About Music Company, Las Vegas