Nuclear Medical Technician Resume
A nuclear medical technician helps in the treatment and diagnosis of various diseases. These professionals are responsible for administering radioactive drugs (radiopharmaceuticals) to patients and for monitoring the concentration levels of a drug in the body of a patient. Technicians work directly with the patient and under direct supervision of a physician.
Nuclear medical technicians perform several duties, such as explaining test procedures to patients, preparing a dosage of the radioactive drug, while they follow set safety procedures. After they administer the drug, these professionals operate a gamma scintillation scanner or camera, which shows pictures of the drugs as they pass through the body of patients. Abnormal areas show a lower or higher concentration of radioactivity than normal. These images are shown on a photographic film or a computer screen for a physician to examine. Nuclear medical technicians are also responsible for keeping records of equipment maintenance and use, patient treatments and the type and amount of radiopharmaceuticals used, received and disposed of.
Those interested in starting a career in nuclear medicine technology have to complete a certification program that lasts two years and which is offered by technical schools or hospitals, an associate's degree program also consisting of two years at a community college or a four year bachelor's degree from a university or college. For a health professional specialized in a related field who has an associate's degree, certificate programs of one year are also available.
If you want to pursue a career as a nuclear medical technician, take a look at the following resume sample.
Nuclear Medical Technician Sample Resume
Name: Jonathan Thomson
Address: 2746, Thomsons' Cottage
School Street, Algoma, Wisconsin
Birth Date: 26 March 1978
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill Looking for the challenging position of a nuclear medical technician in a reputed company or a research institute and thereby utilize my rich experience and extensive knowledge for the benefit of society while attaining self growth.
- Strong knowledge of the concepts, methodologies and principles of nuclear medicine technology to carry out various diagnostic tests and verify final results
- Excellent ability to recognize abnormal and normal test results and adverse effects of radiation and drugs, in order to determine possible significance or causes
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy, including shape, size and variance of structures
- Remarkable ability to work independently, to coordinate, carry out and plan assignments in accordance with policies, instructions or accepted practices
2002–Present date: Nuclear medical technician for St. Marcus Hospital,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing and monitoring a full range of specialized studies and tests according to established methods
- Reviewing and analyzing conventional testing problems and implementing and recommending solutions to overcome them
- Performing all required quality controls for sterility, radio-nuclide purity and pyrogenicity of the final product
- Preparing supplies of radiopharmaceuticals for patient use
2000–2002: Diagnostic radiologist for Riverside Medical Clinic,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making and interpreting diagnostic images
- Reviewing nuclear radiology, x-rays, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), ultrasound and other diagnostic imaging procedures
- Interviewing patients as necessary and recording supplementary data
- Interpreting images and conferring with dental and medical officers regarding diagnoses of cases
- Bachelor's degree in radiology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan in 2000
- Certified nuclear medical technician since 2002
I successfully applied all the procedures and cooperated with physicians on complex cases.
Areas of interest
Available upon request