Pharmacy Technician Resume
Pharmacy Technicians have to keep records of patients and medications they have to take. These professionals also have to offer accurate information on the prescription regarding the dosage, the side effects, and the interaction with other drugs.
Usually, Pharmacy Technicians have to track the patients that go in and out of a hospital. They have to keep a record of patients, the type of illness, the prescription as well as the medicine purchased. Pharmacy Technicians have to verify the prescription with the customer to make sure that the patient understands what does the medicine do and how he has to take it. These medical specialists also have to offer patients various explanations via telephone or to handle various transactions that are related to money.
Start your Pharmacy technician resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills, which you have gained in your experience as a Pharmacy Technician such as knowledge of the medications and drugs prescribed, excellent organizational skills and ability to keep accurate records of patients.
The next section of your Resume has to be devoted to your professional work experience. In this section, you can add your experience in chronological order and you have to add the name of the position, the name of the company, as well as the period of employment. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position like informing patients about their prescribed medication or pricing bottle tablets. Your last section has to focus on your education and training. Remember that you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application as a Pharmacy Technician.
Pharmacy Technicians have a direct and close interaction with the customers, and as result they need to have excellent interpersonal skills. Make sure that this important skill emerges from your resume.
Sample Pharmacy Technician Resume
Name: Daniel White
Address: 78 Madison Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 19.03.1978
From my experience, I can state that Pharmacy Technicians are professionals who keep records of patients and the medications they have to take.
To obtain a challenging position as a Pharmacist Technician in the Pharmaceutical industry, utilizing 10 years of experience and excellent communication skills
Hard-working, honest and motivated Pharmacy Technician with a vast working experience in the Pharmaceutical field and with proficiency in preparing various types of medications
Skills and qualifications
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with patients and customers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong dexterity in preparing various chemical processes mixing, sealing, extracting
- Knowledge in Windows programs and applications
Pharmacy Technician, Columbus Regional Hospital, Columbus, IN, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Verified the validity and accuracy of the information in the prescriptions received from patients
- Received pharmaceutical supplies, verified the supply list and the quantities
- Maintained records of the patients details, their medicines and the various billing transaction details
Pharmacy Technician, Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, GA, 2000-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Provided patient counseling regarding their prescriptions
- Instructed patients for dosage, usage techniques and special precautions of their medication
- Measured medicine quantities; sorted drugs by type and quality and fill the medicines into bottles
Certified Pharmacy Technician since 2000
Associate's Degree in Pharmacy, Mercer University, Georgia
Areas of interest
References available upon request