Sound Cutter Resume
Sound Cutters are responsible for editing and synchronizing music and dialogue of motion picture films into a single video-tape production.
The working activities of a Sound Cutter include loading the sound-and-picture reproducing machine with picture and sound-track films and starting the machine in order to visualize the productions. Among the tasks mentioned above, Sound Cutters have to add sound effects in order to accompany action and to choose the most appropriate sound that matches pictures. Other responsibilities of a Sound Cutter involve stopping the machine in various points and marking symbols on film with a pencil or rewinding prints by reversing action of machine.
Start off your Sound Cutter Resume with your name, address and the rest of your contact details. Then you have to present a short introduction where you can describe what the Sound Cutter position means for. Your Resume is then required to continue with a dynamic and enthusiastic objective statement. After that, you have to add a qualifications summary where you have to emphasize on your most important skills.
In the following sections of your Sound Cutter Resume you have to provide details on your professional work experience and your educational background. These sections have to contain as many details as possible so that the employer can have an overview look on the experience and training you possess in order to obtain the Sound Cutter position offered by the company. The last section of your Sound Cutter Resume has to present your achievements. There you can add associations where you are member or other professional achievements.
484 Douglas Street
Name: Nick Riley
Address: 484 Douglas Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 30.12.1978
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as a Sound Cutter in a growth-oriented firm where I can fully utilize my excellent organizational skills gained through my education.
Talented and creative Sound Cutter with seven years of experience in editing and synchronizing music and dialogue of motion picture films into a single video-tape production; that has a deep knowledge of the tools, methods and techniques used in the film industry.
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of the tools, methods and techniques used in the film industry
- Ability to use a wide variety of computer programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Final Cut Pro, Flash, Cinema 4D, Photoshop or Illustrator
- Excellent ability to multi-task and to pay attention to details
- Ability to apply images and music in order to develop a quality product
Sound Cutter, Iron Mountain Film & Sound, Las Vegas, NV, 2007-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for editing and synchronizing music and dialogue of motion picture films into a single video-tape production
- Loaded the sound-and-picture reproducing machine with picture and sound-track films
- Started the machine in order to visualize the productions
- Added sound effects in order to accompany action
Duties and responsibilities
- Edited and synchronized the music and dialogue of motion picture films into a single video-tape production
- Chose the most appropriate sound that matched pictures
- Stopped the machine in various points
- Marked symbols on film with a pencil
- Rewind prints by reversing action of machine
- Bachelor's Degree in Film and Video Editing, University of Nevada
- Dean's Lister, University of Nevada
References available upon request