The duties and responsibilities of this job, that the bookbinder has to accomplish are: to prepare soldering substances for the books, to cut paper, to bind books for private clients or people in the industry, to work manually or with semiautomatic or fully automated machines, to restore manually the books bindery, to restore the decorations on covers by pressing or manually, to do covers of leather or leather, to make artistic book covers, along with other similar products on automated production lines controlled by the computer, to make diaries, decorative tins or boxes, to fix , to operate and to maintain bindery machines.
Where do bookbinders operate and under what circumstances? Their work usually takes place in workshops or in the bindery, big printings or small workshops where noise, dust and smell of the chemicals are inevitable. For this job, the bookbinder has to know how to handle cutting knives and carving tools, presses, bindery, cutting presses, shears, soldering and other substances, book bindery tools and automated production lines. Manual dexterity is imperative.
If you intend to apply for a job as bookbindery, then in your resume you should focus on presenting your training and previous experience and you practical skills especially manual skills and dexterity, as seen in the given example.
Bookbinder Resume Sample
Name: Paul Adkins
Birth date: 14.05.1975
Driver's License: Yes
A bookbinder is a person who transforms printed sheets into books, magazines, catalogues, scientific papers, brochures, calendars, agendas, etc. He has to perform cutting, perforating, folding and other activities for which he has to possess excellent manual dexterity.
To obtain a position as a bookbinder and to prove my skills and abilities
Experienced bookbinder with strong desire to hire immediate and with availability to work long hours I am eager to start working in your company
- Ability to work long hours
- Great design ability
- Manual dexterity
- Patient and accurate
- Excellent attention to details
- Esthetic sense
- Practical skills
Bookbinder, New Book City Lake, City Lake, 2007-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Connecting, repairing and restoring books
- Preparing soldering substances for the books Cutting paper
- Appling glue to back of book
- Restoring the decorations on covers by pressing or manually
- Operating and maintaining bindery machines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cutting, assembling, gluing books, according to specification
- Using automatic and manually operated machines, hand tools, and equipment
- Applying color to edges of signatures
- Applying glue to back of book, using brush or glue machine
High School Diploma, City Lake University, 1998
- Restored manually the books bindery
- Improved manual dexterity
New Book City Lake, City Lake