A resume well done is the first step towards getting a job; certain tips could be considered.
Quality is more important than quantity.
A "professional" resume is better than a "one for all"; hence, do not use the same resume for all applications; adapt your resume to the job demands. Highlight experience and attributes that are relevant for the targeted job.
Never lie; many employers demand proof of previous employment and of education. Do not higher your level of knowledge of foreign languages, just for the sake of it.
Be short and clear; a resume is like a personal advertisement; no one likes to read long ones; synthesize information and highlight key abilities that recommend you for the job. These are more important than hobbies and contests you won during primary school.
Contact details must put the employer directly into contact with you, not your mother or your secretary. E-mail addresses should contain your name, but must be professional and not funny ones.
A job as a courier is one of the most fast paced jobs. The general duties of a courier include: receiving couriers form customers; maintaining records about parcels; forwarding parcels for shipping; sorting and distributing parcels.
Time line is a vital detail of the courier's activity. "Follow the deadlines" is the bottom-line of this job.
As seen in job advertisements, basic employers' demands from a courier are: driver's license and experience in the field.
Someone engaged in a job hunting endeavor could consider using templates. Resources are many. A resume has to follow the objective of getting an invitation to an interview for the applicant.
Sample Courier Resume
Address:48 Grand Street,
Phone number: 734-111-234-999
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courier with experience in performing mail delivery and clerical work, looking for employment as courier, part-time or full-time, at a professional courier company.
Professional Qualifications and Abilities:
- More than five years of experience
- Stress resistant
- Good organizational skills
- Serious person, effort resistant, responsible
- Good decision making abilities, computer skills
- Ability to record and deliver information
- Ability to follow safety procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle for delivering materials
- Organizing and scheduling skills
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Knowledge of cash handling
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to use office equipment
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Great resilience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with courier companies
- Knowledge of routine office tasks
- Eager to take on new challenges
- Good knowledge of the world map
- Good knowledge about city streets
Courier - from - to - company
Receiving, sorting, and packaging documents; retrieving and delivering documents; preparing and shipping packages.
Courier - from - to - company
Picking up, transporting and delivering items; coordinating and prioritizing pickup and the delivery of items; organizing delivery schedule; handling cash; preparing and maintaining transportation logs; scheduling and coordinating maintenance and repair of delivery vehicle.
High School Diploma
This is only a condensed version of a courier resume, meant as a guideline for applicants when they create a complete one. Potential employers look for information related to the job, so include this in the resume.