Farm Worker Resume
A farm worker performs various farm operations. A farm worker is a semi-skilled farm laborer on an institutional farm which performs duties like cultivating, fertilizing, irrigating and harvesting farm crops on assigned plots.
Farm workers usually operate a combine tractor, a milking machine and other specialized equipment used in general farming operations. These skilled workers are responsible for taking care of the livestock and poultry of the farm such as cleaning and feeding animals. Among the duties mentioned above, a farm worker is also responsible for checking animals for any sign of sickness and disorder, for mixing fertilizers according to strict specifications, for preparing insecticide solutions and for operating spray equipment on assigned plots. A Farm worker also assists in the repair and maintenance of farm buildings.
The best thing you can do is to start your farm worker resume with your contact details i.e. full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your farm worker resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a farm worker. In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. The experiences should be mentioned chronologically. Mention what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped the farm progress and how you increased the farm's profitability. Your last section has to focus on your education. List the educational qualifications in a chronological order along with the name of the degree, the name of the school and the location of the school. In this section you can also mention additional workshops or courses that you attended and are relevant for a farm worker.
Farm workers are required to possess a strong knowledge of the methods and techniques used in raising livestock and in using the tools, equipment and machinery needed in farming.
Farm Worker Resume Sample
Name: John Anderson
Address: 483Washington Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 29.10.1977
Seeking a position as a farm worker in a well-reputed company where I can use my strong leadership skills and my ability to take care of the livestock and poultry within a farm.
Hard-working farm worker with ten years experience in picking crops and training new farm workers; who possesses a strong knowledge of the required instruments needed in the farming industry.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Skilled in using the tools, equipment and machinery used in farming
- Capable of organizing and coordinating other workers within a farm
- Strong knowledge of the methods and techniques required in raising livestock and poultry
- Ability to take care of the livestock or poultry within a farm
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
Farm Worker, Garber Farms, Iota, LA, 2005-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recorded information on crops like pesticide use or costs
- Responsible for the maintenance of farm vehicles and mechanical equipment
- Planted seeds or transplanted seedlings
- Harvested fruits and vegetables
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identified plants and weeds in order to determine the selection of required pesticides and fertilizers
- Informed farmers of crop progress
- Responsible for repairing farm buildings, fences and other structures
- Operated the irrigation equipment
High School Diploma, Ballard High School, KY
Achievements and Associations
Member of the National Association of Farm Workers since 2006
References available upon request