The housekeeper is the person responsible for cooking, cleaning, doing laundry or cleaning an office area or a house. The housekeeper also maintains record of the cleaning supplies and equipments, cleans windows and irons clothes, or does other tasks as needed or as required by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration. The housekeeper can also grocery shop or can serve as the family's nanny.
The specific work elements of a housekeeper are: examining rooms for possible repairs; keeping hotel rooms, hospital rooms and other settings clean; training other cleaning personnel on housekeeping techniques or on cleaning equipment maintenance. Other duties refer to preparing reports and records data like room occupancy and or the cleaning department expenses.
You can begin your Housekeeper Resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills like knowledge of the cleaning products needed for work, ability to pay close attention to details, ability to coordinate a team and/or good interpersonal skills.
Your Housekeeper Resume needs to have a section devoted to your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Don't give too much information about your first jobs in your career, but you should give more details about your housekeeper jobs. Present what your duties were in every position like supervising the work of others or keeping a work diary of the rooms cleaned.
Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the latest training or qualification to the first. For a housekeeper position, you can have a degree or an associate's degree in hospitality or a management qualification. If you don't have anything like that, you can add your general qualifications too.
Housekeeper Resume Sample
Name: Donna Bell
Address: 34th Ave Street
Email: email@example.com Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 18.09.1983
The housekeeper is the person responsible for cooking, cleaning, doing laundry or keeping an office area or a house clean and tidy.
Seeking the opportunity to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Housekeeper in a reputed organization where I can use my skills and experience.
Detail oriented, with excellent organizational and leadership skills and with a five years experience as a housekeeper.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong cleaning and organizing skills
- Deep knowledge of the materials, equipments and techniques used in housekeeping
- Ability to handle a fast-paced and busy work environment
- Ability to lift 20 pounds of load
Housekeeper, Pyramid Hotel Group, New York, NY, 2008-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing, cleaning and responsible for the upkeep of hotel rooms
- Supervising the laundry process and cleanliness
- Purchase equipments and cleaning supplies
- Supervise the activities of the cleaning personnel
- Provide supplies and equipment to the cleaning team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning the rooms and lobbies of the hotel
- Manage and resolve complaints regarding housekeeping service
- Examine rooms to determine the need for repairs or for replacement of furniture or other equipment
- Interview and hire new employees, recommend promotions or dismissals of employees
Associate's Degree in Hospitality Management, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
Areas of Interest
- Cleaning Products
- Hospitality Management
References available upon request