Machine Tender Resume
Resume writing is often perceived as a very complicated and difficult process. But if we see on a surface, resume writing is the most easiest and simple task, because in a resume you only have to give details about your academic and professional qualifications, which are nothing but factual data. You need not have any great creative or authorial talent to draft a good and attractive resume. A machine tender resume can also be drafted easily if a few simple points are taken care of. The first and the foremost thing to be taken care of is to coordinate your professional skills with the skills needed or demanded by the post that you are willing to apply. You must apply for the post only if you think that your academic qualifications and skills are relevant and suitable for the position. So, let us see what all duties have to be performed by a machine tender.
Machine tenders are less skilled workers than all-round machinists who are highly skilled and able to perform all kind of operations, while machine tenders usually specialize with one or two tools. Machine tenders work in factories that produce plastic and metal products, equipment for transportation, and other types of machinery. They perform routine jobs on machine tools that have been set up by highly skilled workers, where they place the metal stock, work levelers, foot pedals and buttons to bring cutting tool to the stock, and they tend their machines tools and make small changes when needed. They test the finished metal part to ensure that the machine tool is working correctly and if they detect major repair needed, they ask for a skilled machinist to take care of the problem.
Machine tenders must perform routine duties on a daily basis, which are learned fast on the job. Their training begins by observing other experienced workers, and once they learn the skills needed for being a tender, they become responsible for their own machines. Basic machine operations skills are usually achieved within a few weeks, but some workers may need a year or even more to learn the most difficult skills. If you want to follow a career as a machine tender, you should consider adding in your resume that you have good communication skills, that you are able to work with other workers and collaborate when needed, but also to work individually, that you are self-motivated and that you possess the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
Name: Ashton Colridge
Address: 157 Jewel Street, New York, USA, 99999
Phone no.: (555) 222 1090
Home: (555) 888 6666
Date: January 12, 2012
Seeking a position as a Machine Tender
Summary of Qualifications
- Over five years of experience as a machine tender
- Good supervisory skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional training of machine tender
- Remarkable organizational and team skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, and Internet
- Responsible, dependable employee
- Ready for immediate hire
Simpson Engineering Inc., New York, USA, Machine Tender, 2002–Present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operated the computer microfilm printer
- Duplicated files for security
- Ensured the maintenance of microfilm machine equipment
- Ensured that the correct dates and numbers are introduced by checking documents
- Determined schedules and priorities
- Developed microfilms and inspected work for conformance with order and procedures
- Ensured that the computer output of microfilm printer is operated
- Responsible for additional work related duties as assigned
High School Diploma, 2000, New York High School, New York, USA
Basic Wastewater operations certificate of competency (TEEX)
Will be furnished upon request.
Will be furnished upon request.