Mortgage Broker Resume
A mortgage broker is a heavily regulated professional who has to comply with state and federal law. The role of mortgage brokers is that of a middleman between a borrower and a lender, with the goal of financing a property. This term can stand for a company or an individual who originates loans, aiming to sell them to lending institutions.
Mortgage brokers are mainly responsible for helping the borrower to obtain a loan, while acting in his best ethical and moral interest.
Some of the duties of a mortgage broker are connecting the borrower with a suitable lender, reviewing the credit report of the borrower, offering different loan products and negotiating details with the lender. This job sounds very attractive because you don't need a college degree to start a career. You can either work for a mortgage or real estate company, or you can start your own business. Though, in order to offer your expertise to clients, you should be licensed in the state where you work.
Not needing a college degree doesn't mean that you don't have to constantly be aware of and keep up to date with the rates of interest, the trends of the current markets, federal and state laws and regulations. If you are interested in starting a career as a mortgage broker, you should take a look at what the resume should include.
Sample Mortgage Broker Resume
Name: Sebastian Weber
Birth Date: 21 June 1982
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the position of mortgage broker in a forward-looking company, where I can prove my expertise and skills and fulfill the objectives and goals imposed.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor of business science from the Universities of Phoenix in 2004
- Licensed mortgage broker
- Excellent ability to deliver bottom-line results
- Remarkable knowledge of legislation, products and selling principles
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent track record of achievements in sales
- Proven ability to arrange insurance for purposes of mortgage protection
- Strong knowledge of how to sell broker fees
- Skills and ability to educate clients about financing products that meet their long-term, as well as their short-term needs
2006-Present date: Mortgage broker for Bank of America, Phoenix, AZ
Duties and responsibilities:
- Promptly responding to customer enquiries
- Identifying sales opportunities and customer needs at the sales or counter desk and selling appropriate mortgage services or products
- Arranging self generated appointments by using the already existing data base of clients
- Conducting personal interviews with customers, to provide recommendation
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues and providing coaching, training and support
- Keeping myself up to date with procedures and policies and making sure they are adhered to
2004-2006: Loan operations manager for Communion Bank, Phoenix, AZ
Duties and responsibilities:
- Generating new business by presenting bank products to clients and follow-up
- Providing counseling regarding loans to clients, creating investment portfolios and reviewing overdrafts
- Preparing monthly reports for managers and helping resolve and identify problems
- Training new staff members and playing an essential role during operational help and banking conversions
- Increased sales by up to 30% in the six months of working Areas of interest
Available upon request.