Paper Goods Machine Setter Resume
A paper goods machine setter sets up and operates paper goods machines that have different functions such as sawing, converting, banding, corrugating, boxing, forming, stitching or sealing paperboard sheets and paper into products.
The duties of a paper goods machine setter include examining the work performed to see if there are defects and verifying conformance to work orders; adjusting machinery as needed to correct potential problems; starting machines and operating control to adjust tension on pressure rolls and temperature of paraffin or glue; adjusting forming bars and guide parts and arranging mechanisms following specifications, using hand tools; installing attachment to machines for printing, gluing, folding or cutting.
A paper goods machine setter also has the duty to measure and set cutters, saw blades and perforators following product specifications and to observe operation of different machines to see if there is malfunction such as glue flow, improper forming or pasteboard tension. This job also requires performing other additional duties when needed.
Paper goods machine setters must be capable of performing routine maintenance on equipment and determine what type of maintenance is needed on the specific equipment. They should also be able to select proper training procedures and techniques for the training of their crew and any other group members that are involved in the project in a timely manner.
Paper Goods Machine Setter Sample Resume
Name: James Jillinhall
Address: 34 Forestry Avenue, New York, USA, 99999
Home: (555) 346 7800
Cell: (555) 555 1759
Seeking a position as a paper goods machine setter in a reputed firm where I could utilize my skills and experience for the benefit of the employer and attain self growth as well
Summary of Qualifications
- Excellent ability to apply basic mathematics
- In-depth ability to apply quality assurance methods and safe waste disposal techniques
- Remarkable ability to follow hazardous materials instructions and safety
- Profound ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Trish Paper Industries Inc., New York, USA
Paper Goods Machine Setter, 2002 Present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Starting and operating controls to regulate tension on pressure rolls and to synchronize speed of machine parts
- Measuring and positioning cutters, blades, and perforators following product specifications
- Adjusting and folding mechanisms according to instructions, using hand tools
- Removing finished stacks and cores and positioning them on conveyor for transfer
- Installing parts to machines for folding, gluing, cutting, or printing
- Placing cardboard or roll paper on machine feed track
- Inspecting finished work for potential defects and verifying conformance to work orders
- Observing operation of different machines to see if there are any malfunctions and making corrections when needed, to meet instructions
- Performing additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma, 2000
New York High School, New York, USA
Available upon request