Pipe Fitters Helper Resume
A pipe fitter's helper assist the pipe fitters to assemble and install pipes for the purpose of supplying water, gas, air and ammonia to households or commercial purposes. They perform various tasks such as cutting and drilling holes in walls; mounting the pipe hangers and brackets on ceilings and walls. They help the pipe fitters in every possible way from installing valves, removing the worn out or damaged pipes or aid in other fittings. The job is quite skill based and detail oriented. Although experience is not of major importance to work as a piper fitter’s helper, one should be aware of all the procedures and the use of equipments for this job. Candidates need to be hardworking and swift to follow all the instructions and aid the pipe fitters. A pipe fitters helper resume should be drafted keeping these factors in mind. The resume should convince the person hiring you that your could prove very helpful in the long run and might as well take the job of a pipe fitter in future.
A pipe fitter’s helper may also help in installing gas burners or high-pressure piping. The designation of a piper fitter’s helper may thus differ based on the job they would perform or the company that hires them. It is important that the candidate is aware of the job profile before applying for any job in this category.
Pipe fitter's helpers must have at least a high school diploma, and should have completed a four-year apprenticeship program that is divided into classroom study and full-time work. Pipe fitter helpers are expected to study blueprint reading, physics, mathematics, chemistry, safety regulation, and plumbing codes. In addition, pipe fitter helpers must have excellent physical strength and stamina, and the ability to work in noisy, cramped, and hazardous environments.
A scientific background, good vision, manual dexterity, and the ability to follow instructions precisely are required. While writing your resume, the candidate needs to make sure that you emphasize on your abilities, as they prove vital while performing any job task.
Sample Pipe Fitters Helper Resume
Name: Julian Kennedy
Address: 23rd Gallows Street, New York, USA, 99999
Home: (555) 346 5678
Cell: (555) 545 6785
Seeking a position as Pipe Fitter's Helper, to sharpen my knowledge and skills. I wish to grow in this profile and work as a Pipe Fitter in the future.
Summary of Qualifications
- More than five years of experience in the domain
- Knowledge of pipe fitting and its trade
- Good co-worker with the ability to establish efficient working relationships with other workers
- Ability to follow instructions precisely
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
The Pipe Fitters Company, New York, USA
Pipe Fitter's Helper, 2002 – Present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisted the pipe fitter with general duties as assigned
- Assembled piping for ammonia, gas, air, and water systems
- Drilled holes in walls to allow the passage of pipes, using pneumatic drills
- Mounted pipe brackets and hangers on ceiling and wall to hold the pipe
- Selected specified size and type of pipe
- Assisted pipe fitter to install couplings, valves, and other fittings
- Removed and dissembled worn or damaged pipes
- Assisted in the installation of high-pressure piping
- Assisted in the installation of gas burners to transform furnaces from coal, oil and wood
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Cameron Pipe Fitters, Inc., New York, USA
Piper Fitter's Helper, 2000 - 2002
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisted the head pipe fitter with general duties, such as the installation of coupling, valves and other fittings
- Removed and disassembled worn or damaged pipes
- Assisted in the installation of gas burner pipes and high-pressure piping to transform furnaces from coal, oil or wood
High School Diploma, 1999
New York High School, New York, USA
Available upon request
Candidate can use the above pipe fitter’s helper resume as a reference before drafting an effective resume. Your resume should be drafted in a professional manner giving importance to details.