Postal Machine Operator Resume
Within this article there is some information about the most important aspects you need to take into consideration when writing a resume for the position of a Postal Machine Operator. The article is divided into two sections. The first one contains several details about the job description and a few tips on how to make your resume more interesting. The second section of the article represents a sample resume for such a position.Postal Machine Operators are responsible for ensuring proper functioning and maintenance of the mailing equipment and machines. Their main responsibilities include handling postal machines, loading and unloading of mail, adjusting the volume, speed and other options of postal machines, testing and repairing them.
A good resume for a position as a Postal Machine Operator should reflect the candidate's previous experience in operating machines and equipments, educational background and professional competencies. You should begin your resume by writing a professional objective, stating your desire to work on a certain position and qualities and skills recommending you for it. Summarize your core skills and competencies as well as the ones developed during your previous employment. Mention all the former duties and responsibilities you've handled over the years. You can also list certain association memberships.
Name: Brian Mildred
Address: Tulip Street, New York
Birth date: 01.10.1975
Marital Status: MarriedChildren: One
Driver's License: B category, 1995
From my point of view, a Postal Machine Operator is in charge of handling, operating and maintaining postal equipments.
I am looking for a position as a Postal Machine Operator where I can use my technical competencies and experience in order to ensure proper distribution of mail by keeping the postal machines in great condition.
Highly organized, responsible and experienced Postal Machine Operator, with good communication skills, developed technical competencies and knowledge; I am looking forward to joining your team.
Skills and qualifications
- Developed oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Technical competencies;
- Extensive knowledge in handling mail equipments and machines;
- Multi tasking abilities;
- Distributive attention;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Deep mechanical skills;
- Physical strength;
- Easy to adapt and flexible.
- Team worker;
- Sense of ethics and confidentiality;
Postal Machine Operator,
International Mailing Inc, 2004-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Operating postal machines and equipments;
- Performing regular checkups;
- Evaluating the performance of postal machines;
- Identifying postal machines flaws or technical problems and performing adjustments;
- Handling heavy equipments or completely loaded mail boxes;
- Loading and unloading mail;
- Managing incoming and outgoing postal delivery;
- Setting up postal machines;
- Testing and maintaining copiers, sorters, fax and other postal machines;
- Performing several clerical duties as requested;
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with postal personnel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operating postal equipment;
- Ensuring proper functioning of all postal machines;
- Ensuring compliance with safety standards and regulations;
- Testing postal machines and repairing them;
- Replacing damaged devices, machines and equipments;
- Handling postal equipments supplies.
Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Emory University High School Diploma
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Men and Women in Business
Areas of interest
References are available upon request