Trim Carpenter Resume
Trim Carpenters are responsible for the construction and maintenance of structural woodwork. Their main duty refers to making structural woodwork constructions look completed.
The working activities of a Trim Carpenter include taking care of the details around the rough edges of a construction, installing baseboards at the bottom of the walls, installing decorative mantles and columns. Other responsibilities of a Trim Carpenter include reading the blueprints and instructions submitted by architects, supervisors and carpenters or measuring, ordering and purchasing the required materials for the job. Among the responsibilities mentioned above, Trim Carpenters have to shape, mold or bend various materials, to repair various hand and carpentry tools and to install locks, door knobs or other building elements. Trim Carpenters also have to coordinate, manage and supervise the working activities of various employees and to operate a wide variety of power and carpentry tools.
Your Trim Carpenter Resume is required to start with your contact details, section that has to consist of your full name, your address, telephone number and your e-mail address. In the next section of your Trim Carpenter Resume you can add your objective statement, where you present the employer what are your career goals and what type of position you are seeking. In the following section of your Trim Carpenter Resume you can talk about the skills and qualifications you have. In this section you can add some general skills, but also skills which are mostly applicable to the Trim Carpenter position such as your deep ability to read and interpret sketches and blueprints and your knowledge in using various carpentry tools.
The next section of your Trim Carpenter Resume has to emphasize on your professional work experience. This section has to be added in chronological order starting with the most current position. Here you can also provide details on the duties and tasks you had in every position and you can provide information on the companies you worked for. The last section of your Resume has to emphasize on your educational background where you are required to list your education starting from the last training. Try to offer the employer as many details as you can on the Degrees you have and on the schools you attended.
Trim Carpenters need to have a solid knowledge of the materials, methods and tools used in carpentry. They also need to have the ability to read and interpret various blueprints and sketches.
Sample Trim Carpenter Resume
Name: John Walsh
Address: 282 Nelson Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 18.09.1976
From my experience I can state that Trim Carpenters are responsible for the construction and maintenance of structural woodwork.
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Trim Carpenter in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong mathematical and analytical skills and my extensive experience in the field
Dynamic and hard-working Trim Carpenter with nine years of experience in constructing and maintaining the structural woodwork of buildings; who possesses a strong knowledge of the tools, materials and methods used in carpentry
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional knowledge of the materials, methods and tools used in carpentry
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches
- Deep knowledge of a wide variety of power and hand tools
- Exceptional ability to perform work as required by customers
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task
Trim Carpenter, GCC INC., New York, NY, 2005 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the construction and maintenance of structural woodwork
- Used blueprints or sketches in order to prepare project layouts and to determine dimensions for various works
- Calculated cost estimates for clients
- Responsible for making sure that the safety rules and regulations are respected by other workers employees
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Read and interpreted the blueprints and instructions submitted by architects, supervisors and carpenters
- Ordered and purchased the required materials for the job
- Planned and prepared reports for the woodwork performed
High School Diploma, Xavier High School, New York, NY
Areas of interest
References available upon request