The underwriter's main duty is to accept or reject applications like insurance, mortgages or loans. They have to review the clients' background and if these clients will be able to give the money back to the creditors. Underwriters offer clients' customized options on how the company will help them. There are two types of underwriters: the insurance underwriters and the Bank underwriters.
Underwriters have to evaluate the client's potential to pay back the creditors; to grant or to disapprove the client's request of loans, insurances or mortgage or assess the customer's bank situation and his accounts. Among these duties, the underwriter also has to help the customer execute the policies for loan and mortgage applications or provides quotations for the client or his agent. Another responsibility of an underwriter is to analyze the circumstances that could affect the profit of a company.
Underwriter Resume Writing Tips
Your resume can start with the contact information, introduction and a short qualifications summary. Then, you have to add the objective statement. The objective statement needs to show your dedication and motivation regarding the position you are applying for. The next section of your resume has to be a bullet pointed list of your skills and capabilities. Here you should list your effective researching abilities or deep knowledge in using computer applications and programs.
The following section of your underwriter resume has to focus on your work experience. Talk about your duties and responsibilities in your previous positions like gathered data about new market products or provided formal or informal underwriting training. In the next section, you can add a section with your qualifications. In this section, you can add your degrees and courses; mention your degrees in business, economics or finance. When adding your training to the resume, add the name of the degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Underwriters are professionals who collaborate closely with clients and who provide underwriting advice to them regarding various financial issues.
Name: Nicole Diaz
Address: 27 Monroe Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 11.07.1981
From my experience I can state that underwriters can accept or reject a client's applications like insurance, mortgages or loans.
To obtain a position as an underwriter that will enable me to use my excellent researching skills, my strong educational background and solid underwriting expertise.
Hard-working, credible and efficient underwriter with strong underwriting background and with powerful sales and agency management skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good formal and informal presentation skills
- Time management and decision making skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to underwrite complex accounts
- Knowledge in commercial property forms, modeling or valuation tools
Underwriter, Chartis, Atlanta, GA, 2005-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collected market data for new markets and products
- Provided information through team briefings or market updates for the underwriting personnel
- Offered informal and formal underwriting training
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offered underwriting activities for the Bond Manager of the company
- Provided underwriting documentation for the Bond Manager
- Analyzed the accounting information and other data in the computer system
- Participated in underwriting meetings with clients.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, New York University, NY
Achievements and Affiliations
Member of the Group Underwriters Association of America since 2005
Areas of Interest
References available upon request